Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I don't think Bordeaux will be of much interest at all. And I don't get the 2-bed question, either.




It's Sarlat, not Sarlet. And since you mention it, I find it amazing that you are traveling for this length of time and not giving your kids the amazing break that a week at least in the P rigord discount hotel rooms Noir would afford them, instead of shoveling them through southwest of France and on to Barcelona. Are you not aware of all the amazing things there are for kids to do in the P rigord? Caves, kayaking, hiking, discount hotel rooms troglodyte villages, castles, tr buchet exhibitions, zip lines, and on and on and on...I guess you're just fixated on getting to the next big city. Doesn't make sense to me, which is why I've pretty much stayed off this thread.
Thanks, StCirq., for the activities list in P rigord; our 11 year-old daughter and I are in the early stages of hatching a road trip once school ends this summer, and the outdoor activities make the area an attractive destination for two of us, more so than for a 2 and 4 year-old.
Thanks StCirq . . .We had already had booked Barcelona in on this date thinking that a few nights would be enough! We had no idea really and it looks really beautiful! Point taken about SARLET! discount hotel rooms Sorry! We could cut into our stay in Paris as we are there for 7days (in hope we can do a fair bit of day trips) I really thank you for all the time you have put in to helping me over the past month! discount hotel rooms I know from your advice that when I arrive I will more then likely kick myself discount hotel rooms for not staying longer but I guess that's what happens whenever discount hotel rooms one travels to new destinations! I looked into the places you suggested but they wanted us to stay for longer then a few days .. . so I do still need help in finding short stay places
Your itinerary, while obviously not what most people on the forum would attempt with such little ones, is somewhat clearer and more cohesive than at the beginning of your planning - until you get to Avignon where it gets confusing.
There you start putting the same day in two places. You have day 38 in both Avignon and Varenna, day 57 in both Innsbrook and Munich, day 59 in both Munich and Prague, Day 63 in both Prague and Berlin, Day 67 in both Berlin and Frankfurt.
I do understand that people have different travel styles, and if you didn't have tots with you it would likely be more of an adventure, but with tots, I really see some serious travel fatique happening after the second discount hotel rooms week or so .. but you know your kids best I guess ( I know my three would have found your schedule too grueling) .
justineparis In western Australia we have long travel times to get to places but then there is not alot of places to go. We have done a 6 week road trip up north with no worries when they were younger and have done a 3 week go go go trip down south which the kids loved!
Yuo know, you may want to do this a lot, but the two year old is not going to remember any of it, and the four year old won't remember discount hotel rooms much. You have to deal with diapers and sippy cups and blankets discount hotel rooms with names that HAVE to be ready for bedtimes no matter how messy they are, and you will have to deal with washing machines and driers that don't work at all like those at home.
On this trip, you will _never_ be able to go out to a nice dinner or a concert or a show. Most of the better places to eat in the counries discount hotel rooms you are visiting don't even open for dinner until after the kids' bedtime. Daytrips from Paris? With a baby and an infant on public transportation?
UNLESS, and here is a way your plan becomes completely possible, unless you hire a high school or college student to come along with you as a mother's helper. What would an additional person cost in relation to what you will be paying for the rest of the trip? I would bet that except for the airfare, the amount will be trivial in terms of the possibilities it would open up. I would be surprised if you would have to pay a lot beyond a free trip and spending money to do this with/for you.
ah, I appricieate the long distances in Australia( I am from Canada) , but as you said, theres not alot of places to go. Your Europeon trip is action packed, there will be sites to see almost every single day, musuems, churches, discount hotel rooms castles, hotel changes, big cities( and some of those cities will have you ushering your tots through crowds, and many of the sites will involve waiting in lines for tickets) discount hotel rooms so its a more intense experience , for the kids, and for you . I guess once you start you can always decide to "take days off" from siteseeing and that will likely help.
crazy - when our first child was very small we tried doing a trip like this [in N. America actually] and we quickly learnt our lesson. after that we tended to rent a house or similar and stay put for a week or so, which was must more successful for our kids and therefore for us.
Ackislander thank you for your thoughts .. .there are reasons behind our travel and pnly yesterday I was talking to someone who was telling me that she thank god every day for doing the trip with her 2 small children as her husband died 9 weeks later from there return! Besides flights are paid and we are going! Also both kids are toilet trained, they don't need drinks before bed and are already able to do late dinners etc...in my last two threads I made this very clear that my children will be fine and I look forward to sharing the trip report with you.
annhig Thanks again! I like your run down! Do you think we could get to Barcelona from Sarlat in a day? I really don't understand why people like Venice! discount hotel rooms It was alright but I feel like I've been there done that .. unlike ROme I could go back to time and time again Funny how we are all different! Never thought of the dolomites...might look into that! Again Innsbruck to Prague in a day???? is this doable? Thanks again Annhig ...you have been soooo helpful.
justinparis We are aware of that! That's why we plan on doing ALOT of the Hop on Hop off bus tours! We have one over here and I took the kids on that and they loved it! So we figure we will do that whenever possible etc
also what do you think is a reasonable amount to pay for 2bed place in France? Is 150euros discount hotel rooms a night reasonable? I notice a lot of places want a week stay which is fine if it works out for us to be around this amount over the four days ... e.g. one week is $500 euros -
I'd guess the second route, but don't really know anything about Pau and Roda whatever, I just can't imagine why Bordeaux would be of interest in a family vacation with small children, and other itinerary sounds okay on the surface.
I"m not clear on what you are asking discount hotel rooms about the 150 euro for 2 beds in France. If you mean a double hotel room, yes, that should be fine. Of course prices vary by location, but even in the most expensive cities (ie, Paris), you can easily get a double hotel room for that rate. I also don't know what you are referring to about places requiring a week's stay. What kind of places owuld those be. The only places that routinely do that which I've noticed are maybe gites or B B/inns in Provence during high season, something like that. Hotels certainly don't and most apartment rentals don't either.
So 150 euro per night is enough for a double hotel room, but you have four people so that's why I am not clear on why you would ask that. Your children will count as number of poeple in the room and cannot just stay in a hotel room for two adults without some accommodations being made and subsequent costs. No hotel will allow that, although there are many that have special rates for extra beds or whatever.
I don't think Bordeaux will be of much interest at all. And I don't get the 2-bed question, either. Hotels in France are very strict about the number discount hotel rooms of people in a hotel room, so you can't expect to cram 4 people into a 2-bed room unless it's already designated as a room for 4 people, and that will cost more than a simple double room. You'll be turned away if you try to take 2 kids into a double room. If you're talking about something other than hotels, you need to clarify that.
I would start by looking at what's available in the towns/villages where you want to stop. Options will emerge and people here can help you evaluate. For example, 2-bedroom g tes in my area, an hour SW of Toulouse, discount hotel rooms run around 500-700 per week, but this is not as popular an area as the Dordogne. That said, the prices won't be double the Dordogne, but the more reasonable places will be booked earlier.
Possible but not easy to rent a g te for less than a week in August. But, if I understand her thinking, they would be willing to pay for a full week if the nightly rate for their stay were around 150 .
The problem with the drive from Sarlat to Barcelona in peak season discount hotel rooms is that at some point you either have to go over the Pyr n es (PITA if you're not on a leisurely trip through the area) or take the coastal road (PITA if you're not on a fun beach trip - traffic can be a horror discount hotel rooms in summer). I'd be surprised if someone could make it with 2 small kids in the car in under 8 hours (and that wouldn't even count getting to lodgings in Barcelona discount hotel rooms once there).
Morning! Sorry about the confusion re rooms . .yes It should read 2 bedrooms . . . the two routes where recommended to me in past threads. We really don't know much about the south of France . .everywhere looks just beautiful . .so I am more then happy to go off your recommendations. I had a look at a few places last night . . .
You really can't, IMO, drive from Sarlat to Barcelona in a day with a stop in Carcassonne. Best to spend the night somewhere in the area (not Carcassonne itself necessarily). And then they'll discount hotel rooms be pretty much forced onto that coastal route, which can be jammed.
Not sure what your question is, crazy. Just saying that the long haul from Sarlat to Barcelona can't be accomplished in a day if you plan to stop in Carcassonne. Are you saying you have 5 days for this leg? Then of course you can do it. One day? No. And BTW, you are hitting all the "hot spots" on these planned routes, but missing out on a load of gorgeous venues.
discount hotel rooms If you drive from Sarlat in

No comments:

Post a Comment